Friday, August 26, 2016

I'm OK! in Oklahoma

From Kansas, crossed into northern Oklahoma for a two-day journey across the northern part of the state and the pan-handle.  So, this is, I can safely say, the most mind-numbing part of the trip so far, flat and straight. I find myself paying attention to the most bizarre things: natural gas pipes, oil rigs.  Flat, roadkill (what kind was it?) oops, there goes a roadrunner!  Did I say flat?  Small rodeo towns, Buffalo, OK, home of the world champion bronc rider.  The 4-H club of Freedom welcomes me, how nice.

FINALLY!  Arrive somewhere -


Camped along the river under the cottonwood trees where cool breezes blow.



Alabaster Caverns State Park is the site of the largest gypsum mine in the country, and the only one in the world open for tours.  No photos allowed....darn!  Three forms of gypsum were mined here and the tour is a nice 45 min. in the 57 degree temps.  Although, I wish I'd worn my 4-ionch stacked wedgie platforms like the other woman on the tour.  Silly me, thinking sneakers were appropriate cavern footwear!


What, you never heard a person "Meep" before?  Made you look!

A flicker




No comments:

Post a Comment