Friday, July 8, 2016

Introducing the whole blog thing

Well, it finally had to happen I guess...a blog.  Not because I have anything earth-shaking to say.  Not because the e-world needs yet another self-indulgent outpouring of useless information or boring details of daily life.  Not because I've been asked to.  Just because...

I love to travel. 

So do many of my friends, if only vicariously.  And so, this is for you (yes, you!).  And a little bit for me, so I can journal online with photos before I forget where I've been in the course of getting to where I'm going.

Of course, being me, I'll have the usual useless tidbits (did you know Stonewall Jackson's arm is buried in a cemetery in Fredericksburg, Va, while his body lies in a Lexington cemetery?), as well as boring details of daily life (such as. today I'll be checking out the bike rack on the van to see if it fits).  Otherwise, it'll be mostly travel photos and observations.

Meet Aflo, my trusty 1999 Dodge F3500 camper van.  Her name means "Another fabulous living opportunity" although, if she gives me any trouble, it could just as easily mean "another f...ing learning opportunity".  We'll be traveling the roads together over the coming months (years?).  Glamping, you could say, since she's got a comfy bed, fridge, stove, sink, microwave, even a toilet and shower.
 


So, buckle up.  It's going to be a bumpy ride (literally, as there are several gravel roads in our future).